|Waller County Criminal Lawyer Andy Nolen|
You May Need Waller County Criminal Lawyer Andy Nolen if You Offer a Hempstead Police Officer a few Bucks to Not Write You a Traffic Ticket
Waller County Criminal Lawyers Andy Nolen and Associates represent real people charged with all kinds of crimes, including Bribery.
If you need a Waller County Criminal Lawyer, call Andy Nolen right now at 832-480-8951.
Texas Penal Code
Sec. 36.02. BRIBERY. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly offers, confers, or agrees to confer on another, or solicits, accepts, or agrees to accept from another
(1) any benefit as consideration for the recipient’s decision, opinion, recommendation, vote, or other exercise of discretion as a public servant, party official, or voter;
(2) any benefit as consideration for the recipient’s decision, vote, recommendation, or other exercise of official discretion in a judicial or administrative proceeding;
(3) any benefit as consideration for a violation of a duty imposed by law on a public servant or party official; or
(4) any benefit that is a political contribution as defined by Title 15, Election Code, or that is an expenditure made and reported in accordance with Chapter 305, Government Code, if the benefit was offered, conferred, solicited, accepted, or agreed to pursuant to an express agreement to take or withhold a specific exercise of official discretion if such exercise of official discretion would not have been taken or withheld but for the benefit; notwithstanding any rule of evidence or jury instruction allowing factual inferences in the absence of certain evidence, direct evidence of the express agreement shall be required in any prosecution under this subdivision.
(b) It is no defense to prosecution under this section that a person whom the actor sought to influence was not qualified to act in the desired way whether because he had not yet assumed office or he lacked jurisdiction or for any other reason.
(c) It is no defense to prosecution under this section that the benefit is not offered or conferred or that the benefit is not solicited or accepted until after:
(1) the decision, opinion, recommendation, vote, or other exercise of discretion has occurred; or
(2) the public servant ceases to be a public servant.
(d) It is an exception to the application of Subdivisions (1), (2), and (3) of Subsection (a) that the benefit is a political contribution as defined by Title 15, Election Code, or an expenditure made and reported in accordance with Chapter 305, Government Code.
(e) An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree.
Waller County Criminal Lawyer Andy Nolen and Associates have over 22 years collective experience representing persons accused of committing criminal violations of State and Federal law. Andy Nolen has had over 500 serious criminal cases dismissed. Having your case dismissed is always the primary objective.
Waller County Criminal Lawyer Andy Nolen treats every person they represent as if they were a friend and neighbor. When you call, likely Andy Nolen will answer your call himself. You will be dealing with Attorneys, not secretaries, assistants, or answering machines.
If we can be of any assistance, or you just want to talk about your situation, please call Waller County Criminal Lawyer Andy Nolen at 832-480-8951.
HEMPSTEAD AND WALLER COUNTY TEXAS CRIMINAL LAWYERS